In collaboration with the government of Canada and public health authorities, Switch Health is proud to offer Home Collection Kits for international travellers coming into Canada.
Switch Health’s COVID-19 Home Collection Kits offer a convenient option for testing at home. Switch Health’s Home Collection Kits are powered by ASMO, our proprietary results reporting and telehealth platform. ASMO integrates directly with laboratory partners to ensure timely and secure results. Patients can self-swab with confidence through the oversight of a Switch Health telehealth professional on ASMO’s telehealth platform.
As of August 9, 2021, the Government of Canada modified its testing program at the border for fully vaccinated travellers to a surveillance program in support of the government’s approach to easing border measures. This surveillance program will ensure that the Government of Canada continues to meet its responsibility for protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing burden on individual travellers and bolstering program sustainability:
- Fully vaccinated travellers arriving to Canada, who meet all the criteria, no longer need to take a Day-8 test.
- To be considered fully vaccinated, travellers must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada, at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer- BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). Travellers can receive their vaccine in any country.
- For travellers who are considered to be fully vaccinated, and who enter Canada by air or at a land border crossing, they will be notified by a border services officer if they have been selected for a randomized arrival test.
- If a traveller is selected for a randomized test, they:
- Must take the arrival test as directed on the day they enter Canada
- May receive a ‘test kit’ to complete within 24 hours of entering Canada
- Do not have to wait for the results of the test, and can continue to travel to their final destination, including taking connecting flights
- Are not required to pay a fee for the arrival test
Travelers arriving by air
Non-exempt travellers arriving by air will be tested on-site at international airports and will be given a Day 8 home collection kit.
Travelers arriving by land
Non-exempt travellers arriving by land will either (1) be tested at the land border and given a Day 8 home collection kit or (2) given a Day 1 and Day 8 home collection kit.
Mandatory testing of non-exempt international arriving travellers is in addition to the Government of Canada pre-departure test requirements for travellers bound to Canada.
Passengers must still demonstrate proof of negative COVID-19 results from a test taken within three days prior to departure to Canada.
The video is available in English, French, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Arabic, Portuguese, Hebrew, Russian, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu. Select from the drop down list.
Subtitles are available in English, French, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Arabic, Portuguese, Hebrew and Russian. Select by clicking the "CC" button on the bottom right of the player.
Download the Instruction Manual as a PDF
Switch Health’s proprietary patient portal, ASMO, provides a quick and accessible option for patients to review and receive results directly from the lab. ASMO sends an SMS text message and/or email to the patient when results are ready to review. ASMO’s telehealth platform allows patients to connect with a Switch Health telehealth professional for self-collection of nasal specimens for COVID-19 testing.
For optimal use when connected with us, we recommend using the following browser:
- If on a desktop computer, please use Google Chrome browser.
- If on an Android phone, please use Google Chrome browser.
- If on an Apple iPhone, please use Safari.
If you are having trouble with ASMO, please refresh your browser. If you have trouble connecting during your telehealth call, please refresh your browser and click “Take Test”.
Ensure you allow your browser access to both your camera and microphone when connecting with us. Your browser will only ask for access to your camera and microphone ONCE.